[WikiEN-l] Notability in Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:37:26 UTC 2009

2009/4/28 doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com>:
> I disagree that the burden of proof is on the contributing author. The
> burden is on those wishing to delete something to achieve a consensus to
> delete. What level of "evidence" or "proof" will convince a consensus of
> wikipedians is up to the wikipedians participating. I suspect many
> people will be satisfied by different things.

The burden of proof has to be on the author. The person wishing to
delete it would have to prove a negative, which is borderline
impossible (in this case, anyway). How great the burden is is another
question and, as you say, that depends on who is taking part in the
discussion, but there is no choice about who the burden is on.