[WikiEN-l] Rachel Marsden

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:33:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Kwan Ting Chan <ktc at ktchan.info> wrote:
> WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>  In a message dated 4/28/2009 12:30:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>>  doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com writes:
>>
>> And all  that information will probably be [[WP:OR]], since I doubt that
>> the media  bothered doing a "Jimbo's pants: where are they now" follow-up a
>> few  months later. ;)>>

>> It's only OR if you personally interview Rachel or Jimmy.
>> If you re-report what Rachel states on her own site, it's not OR.
>>

> But then, is it [[WP:RS]]? ;-)

While dependent sources can't establish notability, they can generally
be used to augment bits.  It's probably ethically important that we
allow someone who disputes published facts, but can't get their own
story published to have "their side" included if they self-publish,
and note the situation as such, for instance.

Brian