[WikiEN-l] Notability in Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 00:24:59 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/27/2009 4:39:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com writes:

Now,  there are fairly likely also to be mentions of this in written
sources -  but it is equally the case that no-one may locate them during
a 5-7 day  afd.>>

----------------------------
I'm not convinced that a property's mere existence on the National Trust
website makes it "notable".  We have many cases where things are mentioned
in this or that place and yet that thing is not "notable" the way we use the
word.  It would be up to the author to explain why this particular property
 is notable if any AfD were brought.

On a second note.  With
_http://books.google.com/books?oe=UTF-8&um=1&ei=v0v2SbnOH6DmsAOC6szcAQ&ct=pr
operty-revision&cd=1&q=the&btnG=Search+Books_
(http://books.google.com/books?oe=UTF-8&um=1&ei=v0v2SbnOH6DmsAOC6szcAQ&ct=property-revision&cd=1&q=the&btn
G=Search+Books)

over six *million* books now scanned, I think it's a much harder cry to
claim that some thing *not citable in Google Books* is yet still notable.

I think six million books probably covers almost all territory that we want
 to cover this decade.  I'd have to be convinced as to why a person or
thing, which cannot be found there, is notable.

Will Johnson

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572846x1201387511/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
Aprilfooter427NO62)