[WikiEN-l] Notability in Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 20:23:38 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/27/2009 1:01:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com writes:

> To be precise, the case study I had in mind was (and I can't find the
> afd - it was some years ago) an old village church. The sources were 1)
> a write-up on the church's website giving its history and some
> architectural details. 2) A similar page on the local village website.>>

-----------------------

It is very likely that these webpages are the same as "fan" pages.  Created
by one person, "local historian" or not, and therefore not to be considered
a reliable source.

We do not credit webpages created by person who have not been previously
published in a reliable third-party source.  That's been the policy for a long
time now.  We carefully honed it to that point.  So you will have to show
who is the actual author, since "the village" isn't an author.  And will have
to show, if challenged, that this is not a personal website, masquerading
as an authority on the village history.

Will Johnson