[WikiEN-l] Knol - Our first major scandel

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 18:45:02 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/27/2009 11:39:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wikimail at inbox.org writes:

> http://depts.washington.edu/uwcopy/Creating_Copyright/Ownership_Factors/Joint.php

I do not recognize some random webpage, regardless of being on a UW site as
being authoritative on this matter.  This is heightened as they do not
specify their source for this statement that any of the joint owners may grant
nonexclusive copyright to any third party.

In fact I'm really surprised that whoever wrote this thinks it's standard
to make declaractive statements about some law that they don't even cite.
It's certainly pre-Wikipedia.  I'd like to read the actual copyright law that
supports this particular claim.

Will Johnson