[WikiEN-l] Citizendium vs. Wikipedia

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Apr 24 01:24:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:46:07 +0100, Thomas Dalton
<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> That statement just shows a misunderstanding about what Wikipedia
> admins do - the are janitors, not bosses.

Yeah, right.  The cleaning crew at the building where I work doesn't
go looking through the papers on my desk, throwing some of them in
the trash because they think they belong there even though I didn't
actually want to throw them out, and sometimes getting offended by
the content of some of them and threatening to get me fired over it.

It's a favorite trope to claim they're just "janitors", but WP admins
often act more like Judge Dredd.

--
== Dan ==