[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of l...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 18:48:28 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 5:00:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ft2.wiki at gmail.com writes:

> It's already there. How do you think we get and check permissions for
> images
> released by their copyright holders? The contacts for those get verified
> too; exactly the same. Formalizing it wouldn't hurt but the point is we do
> this already, enough to satisfy us that copyright's ok which is also a
> legal
> matter.>>

You're missing my meaning.  What is the mechanism by which a random editor
can *see* the ticket which verifies copyright, or the newly-discussed
"identity of the speaker"?

Not other OTRS volunteers.  How can I see it?  If I can't, then it's a
black box and it's the same as saying "some guy said it", because we cannot see
what they said, how they said it, who said it, when or where.

Will