[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of l...

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 05:18:25 UTC 2009

Easier than that. They are asked to comment on the talk page, and the OTRS
volunteer signs under it that they confirm they have been in contact with
the writer of the post and their identity is confirmed as being X, to usual
OTRS standards. Reference: OTRS ticket #123456789.

Prior to this as part of OTRS discussion they may well have helped the
subject to understand what's needed for the purpose, or even reviewed the
proposed wording of the post.

The key is that the only thing "private" and off wiki, is the OTRS
confirmation that the wiki writer is verified to be the subject or their
representative. Their actual post can readily be on the wiki in most cases
and cited via diff (a wiki diff is a reliable source that user X said Y;
OTRS then confirms user X was checked and is indeed the subject).

FT2