[WikiEN-l] Citizendium vs. Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:28:14 UTC 2009

2009/4/23 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> 2009/4/23 Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com>:
>> It looks like it might be related to "The Beatles: Rock Band" which seems to
>> be by far the worlds most expensive video game or something. It was announced
>> last September or so and there were more news stories about it on the
>> 20th/21st this month.
>>
>> It is a bit suspicious that the interest is staying so high though,
>> usually the peaks die away more quickly, but I think that's it.
>>

> No. It's not just high but in the daily top few for months. The
> Beatles have got more views this year than Barack Obama or in fact any
> article other than "wiki". Its getting double the views of Watchmen
> which probably had far more geek and general internet appeal. 100K
> views week in week out is simply not possible for well anything
> conventional.
>
> Even Barack Obama doesn't manage that most months.

And it moved instantly from Beatles to The Beatles, that requires some
kind of central organisation. Either all the hits come from one place,
or it's people all following the same link. I've asked on IRC if
someone can check the logs and see what is going on, but there were no
volunteers. Only anonymised logs are made public, and that is no good
for this.