[WikiEN-l] We've been overtaken.

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Apr 22 18:01:11 UTC 2009

2009/4/22 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:

>> Been around for a while. I was expecting it to overtake en this year
>> but not this soon. Would be interesting to know how they beat out
>> Baidu Baike.
>
> It's not surprising that a gang of unilingual Anglos wouldn't notice a
> Chinese language development.

Something that is currently causing me a great deal of amusement: our
article at [[Hudong]] was created in April 2008 (when it had 2.4m
articles).

There was an earlier article at [[Hoodong]], created in November 2007
(when it had a mere 1.5 million articles) ... and deleted the same day
as everyone's favourite, CSD A7. ("...about a web site that does not
assert significance") It seems after that, no-one got around to
recreating it for six months.

Ooops.

--
- Andrew Gray