[WikiEN-l] Lies, damned lies, and statistics

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 17 16:15:39 UTC 2009

Durova wrote:
> In the long run--ten and thirty years from now--the merit of Sanger's claim
> to coufoundership of Wikipedia is likely to be measured by the success of
> Citizendium.

A bit like Einstein, then: his claim to have founded quantum theory
(about which he was a skeptic, and in fact wrong as fas as we know)
being judged by the success of his unified field theory? No, something a
bit amiss there. I like the first part, though: light as quanta was a
big deal and worth his Nobel; and then he couldn't take the ultimate
consequences for physics.

Charles