[WikiEN-l] Rod Liddle, Spectator, on his Wikipedia article

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:32:40 UTC 2009

2009/4/17 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>

> Whether the law applies is moot, for a few reasons but including the fact
> that it appears he didn't do anything except use Wikipedia as a prop for
> his
> column.

Well, he also does appear to be libelling the wikipedia, and he's doing it
from the UK, which is the easiest country to prove libel; the truth isn't
even an absolute defence against libel in the UK.

It would be a good idea to check that some or all of the events never
actually happened. Note that it could have happened months or even years
ago; nobody has checked that far back; and we need to make sure that it
wasn't oversighted or something.

Nathan

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. Life in a perfectly imperfect
world would be *much* better. Life in an imperfectly perfect world would be
pretty ghastly though.