[WikiEN-l] Historian teaching with Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 21:44:05 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/16/2009 2:38:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
michaeldavid86 at comcast.net writes:

> Then why, David, are academics, professionals and other experts in their
> fields still treated with such hostility in this Project?>>

The role of experts is to help find the sources, not to include their own
original theories about those sources.  That's been the essential problem
with experts in the project.  They want to write up their own unpublished, or
unvetted information into the pages.

An expert in this project needs to realize that we are not original
publishers, we are only re-publishers.  Whatever you put here, when questioned,
needs to be able to be backed up with some published authority.

Will Johnson