[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Thomas Larsen larsen.thomas.h at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 01:38:03 UTC 2009

It is my understanding that Citizendium requires users to submit a
brief biography (a) to help other authors and editors know with whom
they are working and (b) ensure accountability (a biography in
addition to a real name can be used to almost perfectly identify a
person).

Citizendium has a pleasant atmosphere; I've registered an account
there. Nevertheless, I'm not confident that they have the right model
for success. My personal opinion is that a new model is needed, one
that goes even beyond the traditional wiki concept and implements
novel procedures for collaborative contribution, moderation, and
rating.

—Thomas Larsen