[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Fri Apr 10 02:00:06 UTC 2009

> So after the mention of Citizendium once again, I applied to join it.
> The application page is extremely verbose.  So much so, that it's a  bit
> of
> a turn-off.
>
> All I wanted to do was sign up and tweak a few articles to see if the
> interface was better.
> They make you create a 50-word biography.  What's the point of  that?  So
> used that space to bitch.  My application was  rejected.
>
> I know Larry Sanger reads this.  Maybe he could respond.  "We  don't want
> people who bitch".  Sometimes people bitch for the right  reasons.
>
> What I would do, is make the Sign Up page be at the most "Choose a
> username, choose a password".  There's really not much point in making it
> extremely difficult to join a project.
>
> Will Johnson

An effort is made to identify your expertise. My problem is that I'm not
particularly interested in writing articles on divorce law, and also,
although I have a Juris Doctor degree, that is not an actual professional
level degree from a legal perspective, there are higher professional
studies. Only a few words are required. A rather low test of your
patience.

Fred