[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 01:24:34 UTC 2009

So after the mention of Citizendium once again, I applied to join it.
The application page is extremely verbose.  So much so, that it's a  bit of
a turn-off.

All I wanted to do was sign up and tweak a few articles to see if the
interface was better.
They make you create a 50-word biography.  What's the point of  that?  So I
used that space to bitch.  My application was  rejected.

I know Larry Sanger reads this.  Maybe he could respond.  "We  don't want
people who bitch".  Sometimes people bitch for the right  reasons.

What I would do, is make the Sign Up page be at the most "Choose a
username, choose a password".  There's really not much point in making it
extremely difficult to join a project.

Will Johnson

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)