[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:33:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Larry Sanger
<sanger-lists at citizendium.org> wrote:
> In the end, assuming the Wikipedia community and Board reacts to this in a
> mature, decent manner, it could come out of this stronger and better.  On
> the other hand, if you pretend that it isn't happening, or dismiss my
> concerns, you'll just be digging yourselves even deeper into the hole you're
> already in.  Remember: the world is watching.

What hole are we in, pray?

Your concerns seem to be that Jimmy is not acknowledging your role and
status as you'd like, and that the community and the Board are silent
in the face of Jimmy's doing this.  For my part, this silence may be
attributed to insouciance -- I care little for the minutiae of history
now eight years old and for your personal (yes, personal) dispute with
Jimmy.

Perhaps you can explain what the world at large, the Wikipedia
community and I personally gain from publicly pursuing it.

--
Sam
PGP public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sam_Korn/public_key