[WikiEN-l] 1911EB bites back - and DNB

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Tue Apr 7 14:04:28 UTC 2009

2009/4/7 Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>:

> It will all be moved into project space when it's looking more complete.
> There is an ambitious Wikisource project to get the original DNB
> articles posted: unlike the 1911EB, and some others we use, this work is
> _not_ yet conveniently available online.  (And it is a huge resource.)

As a quick note, it's a little more easily available than it used to
be - if you have access to the current Oxford DNB, they've implemented
a system whereby each article is discreetly linked to a copy of the
"original" text. (I don't know how precise a copy, or if it's been at
all edited or modified)

I don't know when this came into practice, but I only encountered it
last month. Might prove handy for your transcription checking!

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk