[WikiEN-l] More POV-pushing nutters

Harry Willis en.haza-w at ip3.co.uk
Sun Sep 7 14:08:39 UTC 2008

Whoa... I'd never heard of the JIDF before, but their site and articles on
them sent a shiver down my spine. Mind you, if I'm reading this release
correctly (and it does seem to be incredibly incoherent and cryptic), this
alleged "hacking" was simply the usage of names listed on a Facebook group
as "officers" in the JIDF article. How that jumps to "snooping email,
invading privacy, making threats, etc.", I'm not too sure.

"We have upset Hezbollah by taking out one of their top recruitment and
promotion areas on the web."
I presume they're referring to the fact that they manage to take
administrative rights on a Facebook group named "Israel is not a country!
Delist it from Facebook as a country" and close it down. Wow... that's
something to put on the old CV.

Facebook is a social networking website. The existence of a group
requesting that Israel be removed as a formal location for user profiles
(itself in response to creation of a group suggesting that Palestine be
itself removed, which attracted 8,300 members but did not allow comment or
debate of any sort), does not mean that Zuckerberg or Facebook "aid and
abet terrorist organizations". It's not even a grey area. You hit the nail
on the head, David: they're absolute nutters.

However, since they're probably monitoring the list, I'd like to take this
opportunity to point out that the Arab-Israeli conflict has in no way been
exacerbated by Israeli foreign policy. None whatsoever.

- H