[WikiEN-l] How to sabotage Wikipedia, for SEO spammers

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 19:26:50 UTC 2008

Has anyone stopped to ask whether this is really worth it to the SEO?  In
terms of labor and cost/benefit?

Suppose for discussion that this works.  At most, it puts a very small part
of an extremely well known website slightly lower in the rankings.  I doubt
it's a valid assumption that if some unknown site is number 3 in the
rankings and WP dips down to number 4, large numbers of people who would
otherwise have gone to the most popular reference site on the Internet will
migrate to the unknown site.

Brand value counts for something.  When I'm browsing Google News and *The
New York Times* appears fourth in the listings while a small town newspaper
pops up at third, I'm still more likely to click on the *Times* article.
Especially if I'm in a hurry.

-Durova

http://durova.blogspot.com/