[WikiEN-l] Changing contents by copy editors (was: What to do about our writing quality? (Relata Refero)

Andries Krugers Dagneaux andrieskd at chello.nl
Sat May 24 20:30:17 UTC 2008

> [..] What is also  frequently a concern is that material is frequently
>added to articles based on scholarly resources or books that are not
online. >If the original addition is carefully worded to closely
paraphrase a point >in the secondary source, a copyeditor concerned
about >style might well - >and frequently does - come in and change that
such that it is no longer >sufficiently faithful to the nuances in the
source, since the copyeditor >does not have access to the source.
>RR

True, what helps against this is giving quotes of the dead tree sources
in the footnotes.

Andries