[WikiEN-l] response to Erik 3

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 17:22:33 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/5/2008 4:22:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
george.herbert at gmail.com writes:

We  should protect whistleblowers - much fraud and abuse in the world  is
revealed and addressed following such reports.

Even so, it's  important to remember that if you throw the grenade out in
public, it's  going to explode and hurt people.

This has not evidently helped the  project.>>>
I can't necessarily agree with this conclusion.  Whistleblowers or
alternatively grenade-throwers do have a place in a large organization.   They ensure
that things would should be transparent are so.  Sometimes,  when you lift the
blanket you see things you wish you hadn't, don't care to, or  shouldn't have.
 It's imho a price we have to pay, in order to get the kind  of transparency
we'd like.

Will Johnson