[WikiEN-l] Who monitors Wikipedia?

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sat Mar 1 14:24:15 UTC 2008

cbmarketing2 wrote:
> I am a National Team player for Canada Basketball.  I noticed that Wikipedia
> did not contain any information about Canada Basketball.  I attempted to
> create an entry but my posting keeps getting taken down.
>
> Can anyone tell me why??

There's a good set of information abut writing your first article
at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Your_first_article>.

Sadly, it's nearly impossible to write a good article about
yourself or an organization you're intimately involved with.
If Canada Basketball is at all notable, others can and will do a
much better job of writing an encyclopedia article about it than
you can -- why not request it at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Wikipedia:Requested_articles>?