[WikiEN-l] ArbCom Legislation

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 17:20:20 UTC 2008

In a message dated 6/19/2008 7:14:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com writes:

The  mission is to write an encyclopedia, right, not a scandal sheet?
The  disagreements I see aren't really about the term "encyclopedic".  >>

Well is an encyclopedia simply based on bland statements?  Or all  reported
statements from reliable sources?  Are you calling the New York  Times, the San
Francisco Chronicle, the Washington Post.  Are you calling  these scandal
sheets?  If we re-report them saying that President Clinton  apparently had an
affair with Paula Jones, even if it embarrasses him, even if  it's defamatory,
even if it's controversial.... are we engaging in  "scandal"?  Or are we
engaging in reporting of material that may be  negative.