[WikiEN-l] Reversing admin actions, was: ArbCom Legislation

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 18:34:20 UTC 2008

In a message dated 6/18/2008 10:09:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm writes:

Once an  admin action is performed to which there are
objections, the correct  course of action is to find a compromise thorugh
discussion.  This is  no different than any other disagreement on
Wikipedia.>>

So an admin replaces a page on Hillary Clinton  with a dancing monkey,
because Rush Limbaugh thought it would be a fine joke.

Now we need a long discussion just to put it back.

No.  We never gave ArbCom the power to make such drastic and sweeping
changes.