[WikiEN-l] Article specific blocks

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:59:38 UTC 2008

It really has to go by topic, not article, for full effectiveness, so
probably human enforcement is unavoidable. But being able to do it by
article as an alternative or supplement would a/ serve as a reminder &
  b/add a degree of impersonality to enforcement which may be a help
sometimes

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Nathan wrote:
>> Has there been any discussion in the past about implementing article
>> specific (or category specific?) blocks as a way of enforcing topic bans?
>> I'm thinking that an article may have a list or log of blocked editors, so
>> that an editor can be blocked from a specific article without blocking them
>> more generally or relying on their good faith to not violate topic bans. Any
>> thoughts?
>
> I don't see a problem with the current system really. The remedy for
> someone violating a topic ban is to just ban them entirely, which is a
> good way of separating out the good-faith editors who are simply
> problematic in certain areas (but will respect a topic-ban) from those
> whose good faith we cannot rely upon, who should just be banned entirely.
>
> -Mark

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.