[WikiEN-l] Article specific blocks

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Jun 11 22:22:48 UTC 2008

Nathan wrote:
> Has there been any discussion in the past about implementing article
> specific (or category specific?) blocks as a way of enforcing topic bans?
> I'm thinking that an article may have a list or log of blocked editors, so
> that an editor can be blocked from a specific article without blocking them
> more generally or relying on their good faith to not violate topic bans. Any
> thoughts?

I don't see a problem with the current system really. The remedy for
someone violating a topic ban is to just ban them entirely, which is a
good way of separating out the good-faith editors who are simply
problematic in certain areas (but will respect a topic-ban) from those
whose good faith we cannot rely upon, who should just be banned entirely.

-Mark