[WikiEN-l] Bigger or Better

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Jul 27 16:13:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Marc Riddell
<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Bottom line? If you want a customer to return, you give them a quality
> product. If you want a good employee to stay, you give them a quality
> workplace.

Ever since I've heard it, I've always been a fan of the Wegman's
philosophy of "employees first, customers second".  Keeping the
analogy to Wikipedia, I'd say this is one area Wikipedia is lacking.
Some people even have suggested that people don't matter, only the end
product matters (unfortunately I can't find the quote).

Anyway, I don't think you'll find much of an argument that quality is
of higher importance than quantity.  It's in the details of how to
implement that philosophy where the disputes occur.  In fact, I was
just writing about one such dispute earlier today:
http://blog.p2pedia.org/2008/07/barrapunto-or-how-i-learned-to-stop.html