[WikiEN-l] Bigger or Better

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 21:02:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Marc Riddell
<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Bottom line? If you want a customer to return, you give them a quality
> product. If you want a good employee to stay, you give them a quality
> workplace.

Indeed. Though important to remember the context we'd be approaching
this from: volunteer efforts frequently have high turnover, and online
communities especially so.

Not to say we shouldn't worry about such things. More than a few
people have told me they tried editing Wikipedia, got flamed for it,
and left. Hard to say whether they ran into a legitimate troll or a
harsh wall of policies, instead of a welcome mat, of course, but
obviously something didn't quite work out right.

-Luna