[WikiEN-l] Where are the basic demographics on contributors?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 05:58:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Jonas Rand <joeyyuan at cox.net> wrote:
> I don't want to seem rude, but I don't think that anyone cares about the
> demographics of Wikipedia. It doesn't matter.

Clearly Carl Beckhorn cares, so this is trivially incorrect.

More generally, there are interesting things to know about our
contributors en masse; for instance, it would be nice to know if there
are groups of people under-represented as Wikipedia editors compared
to their representation as Internet users, and worth it to try and
figure out why that might be so.

-Matt