[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 54, Issue 128

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:13:31 UTC 2008

Whatever it is, it isn't capitulation. Its a recognition of reality
(or a perception of it, since there is disagreement on the actual
danger). If its raining outside, you wear a raincoat or take an
umbrella. If its snowing, you put on boots. If you're a cop, you wear
a uniform. If pictures on the 'net is dangerous, you don't post them.

I don't know that I would agree that posting pics on the 'net is
harmless. Admins can sometimes be targets, and I don't post any photos
of myself to the 'net on general principle. But other people have
different ideas and shouldn't have their character impugned as a
result - neither Lara nor Ansell. He made a poorly considered comment,
has apologized for the offense caused but continues to believe that
the general point of view is correct.

This should be dropped in the interests of not continuing a pointless argument.

Nathan