[WikiEN-l] How can I appeal an admin action?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:37:26 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, A Rinkleff <arinkleff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Theresa McKnott and her friends have conspired to keep me banned, for more
> than a year since my original ban expired; now, that I am not banned in any
> way at all, they still persist in maintaining their petty vendetta against
> me and my supporters. How can this ridiculous situation be brought to an
> end?

See [[Wikipedia:Dispute resolution]]. If it's specifically an admin
action, you can try the admin noticeboard, otherwise you can try RFC,
mediation or, as a last resort, ArbCom.

> Even though I am not banned, they have changed my password and thus
> prevented me from logging in;

How? The only way they could have done that is if you gave them your
password originally (or made it easy to guess). Admins cannot change
passwords (sysadmins - that is, people with direct access to the
server, can, but they wouldn't do so except under exceptional
circumstances).