[WikiEN-l] Attributing articles to their authors

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 05:01:41 UTC 2008

pres·tige  /prɛˈstiʒ, -ˈstidʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled
Pronunciation[pre-*steezh*, -*steej*] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA
Pronunciation –noun
1.reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other
favorable attributes.2.distinction or reputation attaching to a person or
thing and thus possessing a cachet for others or for the public: The new
discothèque has great prestige with the jet set.  –adjective
3.having or showing success, rank, wealth, etc.

How do you expect us to remain as an anti-elitist community if we make a big
deal of author crediting? Prestige is the last thing an author should be
seeking. FAness is no big deal.

    - White Cat