[WikiEN-l] Anthere - "take decisions yourselves" - yes please!

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:59:37 UTC 2008

On 13/01/2008, Brian Haws <brian at bhaws.com> wrote:

> The way this was implemented and is now being carried out has some serious
> implications about how policy in general is treated on Wikipedia. But it's
> just a rollback tool....

I agree that we have some serious problems with bureaucracy.  The
rollback issues are a symptom of this.  This particular problem would
go away if it were to be granted to autoconfirmed users.

Bureaucratic caucuses don't like their little bits of red tape taken
away, so there would be a lot of howling, but that isn't necessarily a
bad thing.