[WikiEN-l] Rollback, and now here comes instruction creep

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 10 18:57:23 UTC 2008

I said that giving admins the right to grant rollback would inevitably
lead to process and instruction creep. Well, I didn't believe it would
start this early.

I was determined that if we were going to have this, it would not turn
into another RfA, so I started granting requests made on the new
"Rollback requests" page, using a very low threshhold: "unless you are
evidently trouble, you get it - we can remove it, if you turn out to be"

I am now being called a troll because I didn't make the request with
{{done}}, which is apparently what I "need to do" so that a bot can
archive the requests. Which is necessary for some unspecified reason.
(Yes, I've asked "why?") So now we are going to have an archive and very
precise rules as how to grant rollback (down to the last tick). It is
already being said that we should not grant it through "backchannels"
like e-mail. Unless people say "NO", we are soon going to have another RfA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_rollback#Archive