[WikiEN-l] A six-day roll-back poll?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 02:22:37 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 11:57 AM, Chris Howie <cdhowie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2008 2:28 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As far as I can tell, the differences between rollback and undo are
> > that a) rollback shows up in the page history and user contribution
> > histories as well as diffs; b)  rollback doesn't require you to hit
> > "save" a second time; c) rollback is easier to make mistakes with
> > because you can undo more than one diff at a time (i.e. everything by
> > an author). Am I missing anything?
> >
> > -- phoebe
> >

> No to point A (rollback and undo both show up in contributions/history, just
> like every other edit, I'm 95% sure of this).  Yes to point B.  No to point
> C (you can undo multiple edits too by viewing a diff page that has unshown
> intermediate diffs).  AFAIK all that "undo" does is act like you clicked the
> "edit" link on the older diff displayed and fills in a default edit summary.

Um, to be clear, I meant under point a) that a *link* to rollback
shows up in the page history and contribution histories, whereas a
link to undo only shows up in when you're comparing diffs. Thus, the
rollback link is easier to get to. Changes made with either button do
indeed show up as normal edits. Sorry about unclear wording...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your feedback.
-- phoebe