[WikiEN-l] A six-day roll-back poll?

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:45:30 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 9:40 AM, Ryan Postlethwaite
<ryanpostlethwaite at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Doc, you've come here looking for opposes, simple as that. It was obvious by your tone that you were ABF and wanted people to pop along so you could get your own way. We weren't pulling a fast one in the slightest, we advertised it on the admin noticeboard,VP, the centralised discussion template - now I've done a watchlist notice just to make sure everyone see's it. Your ascertation that we were trying to pull a fast one is completely false and has no merit whatsoever - I said it on your talk page, running to the mailing list because you don't get your own way is quite frankly sad.

Regardless of doc's good faith (or lack of it), why would you not want
to publicise this on the mailing list? Why would you be opposed to an
extension in the length of the straw poll? I'm not trying to insinuate
anything - I'm genuinely curious. What is the basis for thinking that
a 6-day straw poll is sufficient to determine consensus on a major
change to policy?

Johnleemk