[WikiEN-l] Subscription idea

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Wed Dec 24 11:08:30 UTC 2008

This is probably how some contributors do good work.
They subscribe to a commercial information service, whether it be databases
or whole electronic archives of past issues. And, then they crib from it,
and they know how to defend results, because they saw details in the
experiment, transcript, poll. Maybe they can even see raw data. Local
libraries do much the same thing that is talked about in this thread. For
instance, if I want a phone number, there still is not a central directory
on the internet that I know of, and my library subscribes to a yearly CD
database for North America. Back in the eighties, my library subscribed to
paper phone directories for the same region. It took about five square
metres.