[WikiEN-l] Subscription idea

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 09:04:46 UTC 2008

>>In a message dated 12/20/2008 8:06:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
toddmallen at gmail.com writes:

I  personally would even be willing to donate to cover WMF's costs
against my  access in this regard, provided they can negotiate
reasonable block  purchase pricing. Individual subscriptions are
unfortunately rather priced  out of the market.>>

As Todd mentions, some of us already subscribe to various online  services.
*IF* the WMF could negotiate a group rate, that could be a  win-win situation.
 I would also come down on the side of "established  editors" versus
"Admins".  We are trying to ease the situation for our  productive editors and so that
would make more sense to provide a service like  this to those who are
actually doing the editing.

Someone asked where is the list of the top editors by edit-count.  On  my
talk-page here
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Wjhonson_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Wjhonson)

 I link to the statistics page that provides the list of the top  editors by
edit-count which is here
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_Wikipedians_by_number_of_edits
_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_Wikipedians_by_number_of_edits)