[WikiEN-l] Wikipaedia is an attack site, too. (was Re: There are no...)

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 21:36:36 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

>> Firstly, Brock, that is quite a sweeping statement; "no one" cares?
>>
>>> the system
>>> works well
>>
>> Would you say this to a person the system has failed?
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> and it's about time you got modded
>>> again.
>>
>> Is this how you would deal with someone in your life that you don't want
>> hear from anymore? If you were on the phone, would you hang up on them? If
>> you were in the same room with them, would you simply walk out? The same
>> options are open to you on this List.
>>
>> Marc Riddell
>
> on 9/27/07 12:58 PM, Brock Weller at brock.weller at gmail.com wrote:

> The analogy is not very close. The list is a communication medium for
> discussing things related to the project. You and i disagree, but we have
> legitimate conversations about the project and discuss problems and
> solutions more or less civilaly. I find you pleasent to deal with. This is
> like two people talking on the phone, and a third person, Armed Blowfish,
> who yells, screams and moans about nonsensical topics to the point where
> it's nearly impossible for the two people using the damn phone to talk. I
> would quickly hang up in that case, yes.

Brock,

OK. Then let's think of the List as more of a conference call where all
parties of equal status are talking. If you don't like what one person is
saying, tell them so. If they keep saying it, you have the option to say
goodbye - and hang up. But cutting them off because they are annoying you
should never be an option.

For anyone to be "moderated" (censored) because a "moderator" (censor) finds
them annoying; or because a few Members of the List finds some if the
subject matter uncomfortable - is still bullshit.

Marc