[WikiEN-l] Wikipaedia is an attack site, too. (was Re: There are no...)

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:12:53 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Armed Blowfish <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > on 9/27/07, Armed Blowfish <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Mostly, I consider it highly rude to insult/attack someone
> >> in a forum in which he or she cannot respond.
> >>
> On 27/09/2007, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > If this is truly a "collaborative" Project, what the hell are we doing
> > attacking each other in the first place!?
> >
> > Marc Riddell
>
> Getting angry at people for defending themselves from child
> molesters, or being sockpuppets, or not being able to confirm
> that they are not sockpuppets, or something like that.  I don't
> know.  But if you are going to ban someone, as a parting gift,
> please leave the person alone.

Good god. First off, the site is called wikipedia. It is a
free-as-in-speech encyclopedia/encyclopaedia depending on what
flavor/flavour of english you speak. That doesn't change the name of the
site being wikipedia, not wikipaedia. So stop being childish about the name,
it's messing with my filters.

Secondly, for all that is holy, no one cares about this anymore, the system
works well, we are not about to collapse, and the only people who disagree
are those fringe wackos at WR who are convinced we're CIA and MI5 and
whatever else the dreamed up this week. And if you are honestly comparing us
to ED, well, you've then shown you are incapable of logic or
reason, reverting to hyperbole to try to shove a pointy stick where a good,
well thought argument would normally go, and it's about time you got modded
again.

--
-Brock