[WikiEN-l] Wikipaedia is an attack site, too. (was Re: There are no...)

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:11:04 UTC 2007

On 27/09/2007, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> If this is truly a "collaborative" Project, what the hell are we doing
> attacking each other in the first place!?
>
> Marc Riddell

The original comment may have been innocent.  The person who
made it may not have intendend for it to be harmful.  Indeed, whether
or not it would be harmful may not have been something he or she
was thinking about.

When it is explained to you that it is harmful, and you do not remove
it (even blanking, which doesn't hide it from anyone but bots) or
refactor it, you knowingly harm the person.  Attacking the person
for asking the material to be removed goes beyond even that.
(It may be reasonable, however, to ask that if your harmful comment
is removed, any harmful comments that provoked your comment
also be removed - if you can't respond to them, they shouldn't be
there.)