[WikiEN-l] Ban notices, Wikipedia, and search engines.

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Thu Sep 27 10:26:44 UTC 2007

> Angus to Peter Blaise (paraphrase): Your point?

Peter Blaise: ... I DO have one ... somewhere ... here ...

I HAVE the Columbia Encyclopedia (and others) on my desk.

But...

I come to Wikipedia NOT just for equivalent and new "articles" as would
appear in print in the olden days, from "certified" and credentialed
academicians.

But, I come to Wikipedia also for - ESPECIALLY for - the *people* on the
discussion/talk pages whose views help me explore beyond the dry
conclusions that made it into the article.

You also ask about my use of the word "passionate".  I hope you
understand it better now in contrast to my experience of the articles as
"dry".

Every encyclopedia offers *dry* articles.

For me, Wikipedia UNIQUELY offers *passionate* discussion/talk pages.