[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:18:07 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Sheldon Rampton wrote
>
> > LOL. I didn't realize that the idea of "attack sites" could be
> > extended to refer to anyone who attacks ANYONE.
>
> "Attack site" is a really useless piece of terminology (up there with "wheel war"). It shortcircuits thought. What this is about is trash biography, baiting and bullying. I hope the case at least clarifies thoughts on this.
>
> Charles

Usefule comment, Charles.  I ahave a hard time seeing that these trash
sites could or should be linked on Wikipedia at all.  I delete3 links
to other much better sites thatt aren't classified as attack sites all
of the time.  Unless it's an article about a famous trash biography
site, what is it doing on Wikipedia as a link in the first place?  Or
war we diswcussing userpage links or something else?  LP