[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 15:32:23 UTC 2007

>From: <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:31:57 +0100
>
>Sheldon Rampton wrote
>
> > LOL. I didn't realize that the idea of "attack sites" could be
> > extended to refer to anyone who attacks ANYONE.
>
>"Attack site" is a really useless piece of terminology (up there with
>"wheel war"). It shortcircuits thought. What this is about is trash
>biography, baiting and bullying. I hope the case at least clarifies
>thoughts on this.
>
>Charles

All I can see this current proposed decision creating is more confusion, to
be frank. How hard can it be? "God help you if you link to anything other
than reliable sources" surely is adequate for everyone's purposes? All I can
see the current proposed decision creating is more wikilawyering...and
another round of ArbCom...and endless ANI threads...(eyes start to glaze
over)...

C More schi