[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 20 18:51:45 UTC 2007

Delirium wrote

>Maybe Michael Moore shouldn't be making idiotic
> comments, but for better or worse he's famous and he does. We have
> plenty of his idiotic comments reported many of our articles, but it
> seems that when they're about *us* suddenly we get a lot more touchy.
> Which is a bit too self-referential for a neutral, descriptive encyclopedia.

I don't have a worked out position on this, in the abstract.

I do know this: if we collectively get more and more drawn in to current media (paying attention to it, caring what attention we get), we are getting relentlessly pulled away from that old encyclopedia stuff (you know, what was happening in Byzantium in the year 950).

Charles