[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Wed Sep 19 10:21:37 UTC 2007

Resolution of this question depends on appreciation of harassment. In the case being considered, the person behind Wordbomb, a banned user has carried on a campaign for about 2 years, both on Wikipedia Review and on his own website attacking and attempting to identify a Wikipedia user. A number of fantastic allegations have been raised by the banned user during the course of his campaign. Incidents which happened years ago are repeatedly brought up as though they were new revelations, despite having been previously been investigated and resolved. Any scrap of stale information which might attract attention is advanced.

It is wise not to respond to such a campaign, even if it should though the shotgun method employed, manage to get a few strands of spaghetti to stick to the wall. It is the campaign of harassment which results in the site being classified as an attack site, not particular information.

Fred