[WikiEN-l] What's going on? - Inquiry 2

Riana wiki.riana at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:43:01 UTC 2007

On 14/09/2007, WikipediaEditor Durin <wikidurin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/13/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > You're going to get rebuttals whether you like them or not. That's how
> > rational discussion works. Refusing to listen to rebuttals is a
> > symptom of religion, not rationality.
>

> To clarify; I know the rebuttals would come. Without meaning to
> be harsh, I do not care. I'm not interested in debate on these points.
> I'm interested in planting seeds of thought; others can run with it
> and do their own investigation. The ad nauseum arguments we see
> on this list and on Wikipedia lead to nothing. Either my points are
> valid, or they are not. Remember, I'm just the quack with the
> sandwich board. Investigate for yourself. Draw your own
> conclusions.

Forgive me, but isn't that a huge part of the problem? We have so many
willing to point out what's wrong, often in minute detail and colourful
language, but we have a very small number of people who say "I have
identified the problem. Now, what can we do to fix it? What can I do to fix
it?"

--
Riana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Riana