[WikiEN-l] Slrubenstein complaining Was: Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 00:41:11 UTC 2007

[wrong thread david :)]
On 9/12/07, steven rubenstein <slrubenstein at yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
> (PS by all means, go ahead and make some dismissive comment about me.
> The great thing about not being on the listserve is, it doesn't matter
> to me)

Okay.

Prior to Steven's post no one was attacking anyone. There was no
yelling, no accusations, no burnings at the stake. As far as I'm aware
admins are not required by policy to have email this user enabled,
although it's a good practice. Multiple people had pointed out that it
was easy to end up in that state accidently.  All in all a polite and
resonable conversation.

Then in wades Steven with the meoldramatic accusations of
Witchhunting.  It just made no sense. I felt attacked by it, ... can I
not post a simple factual list without being accused of all sorts of
evil? but it was somewhat hard to feel too bad about it because it
just made no sense.

As such I'm thankful for Phil's reply. I didn't ask for it, but I saw
it as a defense. I laughed. It could have been more polite, sure.. but
I'm just glad someone took the time out of their day to say something
about Steven's message rather than leaving the people it was targeted
at standing alone.

Most importantly, I think that no one should claim that it was Phil
who attacked first in this case:

The fact Steven used non-sense accusations rather than mean words or a
condescending tone didn't make his message any less of an attack than
if he had.

It amuses me that around here the people I see doing the most
harassing are the ones who claim to be against harassment.