[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Spam blacklist and BADSITES

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 23:56:07 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: steven rubenstein <slrubenstein at yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2007 00:24
Subject: Re: [Wikipedia and cyberstalking] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Spam
blacklist and BADSITES

Would someone please forward the following to the WikiEN-l list-serve?
 Thank you:

Someone recently informed me that someone else has compiled a list of
admins whose e-mail's are not activated.  There are a number of
reasons why I de-activated my e-mail settings, but one reason is that
I have found it very easy to arrange for an e-mail correspondence with
another editor on an ad hoc basis.

I also saw in the archive this little exchange:

On Sep 12, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Steven Walling wrote:

> (Gasp) Oh no! Off with their heads! Off with their heads! Those
> bad, bad
> email-less admins. Lets have ourselves a witchunt instead of doing
> the right
> (read: boring) thing and asking them on their talk pages about it!
> I do
> loves me a witchunt.

We're sorry, but your tenuous grasp of reality seems to have failed.
Unfortunately, we do not troubleshoot tenuous grasps of reality via
this system at this time. Please fuck off and try your e-mail again
when you're sufficiently medicated to note that, actually, all
anybody had suggested in this thread was contacting those
administrators.

Thank you for using wikien-l. If you have any further questions, for
the love of God, go post somewhere else.

The prevalence of this kind of exchange (and the relative absense of
serious dialogue confronting the most serious issues plaguing the
project) pretty much explain why I dropped off of the listserve almost
two years ago.
Steve
(PS by all means, go ahead and make some dismissive comment about me.
The great thing about not being on the listserve is, it doesn't matter
to me)